Friday, December 29, 2006

Try not to laugh


Our tree looks pathetic.

We waited until we came home from Arizona to celebrate Christmas with just the 4 of us. I had a feeling our tree would be dried out but holy buckets it's was a yellowish brown color. It really was a pretty tree when we first got it. We normally get a fir tree. However, this year my step dad was kind enough to bring us a pine tree. I had to get a picture of the boys in front of it on our Christmas morning even if it does look the way it does. Needless to say about 3 hours after the picture was taken the tree was outside ready to be recycled.

I just have to say how impressed I am with David. I think it says a great deal about his character that he was more interested in going to Arizona to see his Grandparents than he was opening his presents. We told him that he would have to wait to open his presents until we got home. He said he would rather see his Papa Dave and Grandma than have any presents at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I think it is wonderful that David puts family ahead of presents. I think that is very unusual for a boy his age. It really shows the moral and values that you are teaching him and what is really important in life. Congratulations to you, you should be very proud! I know you are!

Sorry about the poor tree. Mine is almost on the outs too. I guess that is the problem with having a real tree. I can't keep it up as long as the fake one.

Sharon G. said...

I love the tree!!

maybe it's because I never have had one. lol. So any tree is a good tree!

I love the photo of the boys together. It's very sweet!!!